Can't restart/turn off

Josep Puigdemont josep.puigdemont at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 05:51:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm running rawhide and I often can not turn off or restart the computer
from the gnome menus (it seems to work from GDM).
What happens normally is that when choosing to restart (or turn off) the
computer, the panels and all desktop icons will disappear, except for
the background picture, which is usually shifted to the right with some
garbage on the screen, and there it stays.
I can go back to the consoles with <alt><ctrl><Fx>, but I can not type
anything, and so I am not able to log in there.
The only thing I can do to turn off the computer is pressing the power
off button, fedora then reacts instantly by shutting down the computer
normally.
I'm not sure if this is of interest, but I'm running with the nouveau
driver for my NVidia graphics card.

I should file a bug, but I just don't know exactly where: GDM,
GNOME(-panel?).

For the most part of it, and apart from a couple of other bugs already
filed, I think F11 is looking great.

Thanks!

/Josep