Ext4 FAQ

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:20:31 UTC 2009

> Hi
>
> I have put up a FAQ at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ext4_in_Fedora_11
>
> I will be expanding this over time. If you have other unanswered
> questions, do let me know.

OK, here's one. The FAQ says "You can use the Anaconda boot option,
"ext4migrate" to automatically migrate from Ext3 to the new Ext4
filesytem when upgrading from a previous release of Fedora".

What does this mean in practice? Is the end result equivalent to backing
up my ext3 partition and restoring under ext4, or does it simply mount
the ext3 partition as ext4?

poc