vmware problem in F11

Adrin Jalali adrin.jalali at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:13:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Denis Leroy <denis at poolshark.org> wrote:

> i have no problems here with WS on F-11...

I guess I found something which could help to solve the problem. I installed
a fresh windows on vmware, then when I shutdown the virtual machine, it
takes long time that the vmware windows hides. When I watch
gnome-system-monitor for the vmware process, I see that the process starts
to decrease the allocated memory by the time I shutdown the virtual machine.
But this increase is very slow and it takes almost 5 minutes to reach 65MB
from 850MB as shown in gnome-system-monitor. The amount of decrease in the
allocated memory is something like a reverse exponential function. When it
reaches 60MB, decrease is very very slow.

Does this information have something beneficial?

Best,
Adrin.