F11 Preview - First impressions

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 01:53:10 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 4/29/09, E.B. A. <usul80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: E.B. A. <usul80 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: F11 Preview - First impressions
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 5:51 PM
> Thanks Antonio. My video card is indeed a nVidia, that my
> explain why I
> don't see the logo.
>
> I still have the problem with KDE and ** any other package
> I try to
> install**, including non repo apps such as Skype or Flash
> Player. This
> happens both using the GUI and CLI.
> See the following two attempts (I removed useless parts):
>
> [root at squarz yum.repos.d]# yum install "K Desktop
> Environment"
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Setting up Install Process
> No Match for argument: K Desktop Environment
> No package K Desktop Environment available.
> Nothing to do
> [root at squarz yum.repos.d]#
>
> -------
>
> [root at squarz yum.repos.d]# yum groupinstall "KDE (K
> Desktop Environment)"
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Setting up Group Process
>
> [...]
>
> Transaction Summary
> Install    118 Package(s)
> Update       6 Package(s)
> Remove       0 Package(s)
>
> Total size: 306 M
> Is this ok [y/N]: y
> Downloading Packages:
>

> Package kdelibs-common-4.2.2-12.fc11.x86_64.rpm is not
> signed
> [root at squarz yum.repos.d]#
>

> Most probably I do something wrong, but I'd really like
> to know what!
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Enrico Accenti
> --

Enrico,

Can't remember from the top of my head a trick to skip gpg-signatures.  In Fedora rawhide the gpgcheck should be set to 0.  You can become su - or use
$ su -c 'vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo

and remove the 1 and make it a zero

[root at localhost yum.repos.d]# cat fedora-rawhide.repo
# These packages are untested and still under development. This
# repository is used for development of new releases.
#
# This repository can see significant daily turnover and major
# functionality changes which cause unexpected problems with other
# development packages. Please use these packages if you want to work
# with the Fedora developers by testing these new development packages.
#
# fedora-test-list at redhat.com is available as a discussion forum for
# testing and troubleshooting for development packages in conjunction
# with new test releases.
#
# More information is available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing
#
# Reproducible and reportable issues should be filed at
# http://bugzilla.redhat.com/.
#
# Product: Fedora
# Version: rawhide

[rawhide]
name=Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental packages for the next Fedora release
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test-$basearch file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[rawhide-debuginfo]
name=Fedora - Rawhide - Debug
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/debug/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide-debug&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test-$basearch file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

That should get KDE installed.  Make it a zero and save the file, try to install KDE again.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Antonio