f11 preview experiences

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Apr 30 16:42:50 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:
> What on earth is in the "Electronics Lab" program group?
> If I look at the 4 optional packages, they are things
> like 100dpi X11 fonts, and the minicom terminal program.
> Why do they have anything to do with hardware design?

Some of the hardware design tools are Tcl/Tk or other old-school X11 apps
which use those bitmap fonts. As for minicom, it can be used to talk to
embedded boards with a serial port.

The Electronics Lab stuff is maintained by people working in and/or studying
Electronics, you can trust them to know what they're doing. :-)

        Kevin Kofler