test days live image creation guide

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 14:28:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 07:37 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> Hello,
>
> our kickstart script [1] may be soon included in the upstream
> spin-kickstarts project (see below). There are a few issues I would
> like to discuss with you.
>
> 1) Currently we have two additional repos defined in the script:
> http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/repos/testday
> http://adamwill.fedorapeople.org/nouveau

> Do we still need these repositories (they look outdated)?
> Do we want them to be included in the upstream script by default?

I think it's okay to keep them separate for now.  I think rendercheck is
the only utility provided in Adam's repo above that might be useful for
testing?

> When creating particular test days the teams will of course
> sometimes create their own repository with packages they need
> (like our case of abrt). That is a different case. The question
> is, if we want to have some repository defined which is by default
> used in *all* test days. You tell me, I have too few experience yet :)
> Who would manage it, what would be the best location?
>
> 2) Currently there is a desktop shortcut for connecting to
> #fedora-qa IRC chat. That will not be seen as appropriate by
> Fit-n-Finish team that uses their own channel (and it's not so
> trivial to redefine it if you want to use untouched upstream
> version of the script). The solution would be:
> a) use common IRC channel for QA and Fit-n-Finish test day events
> What about creating #fedora-test-day? Do we may want to have more
> test days in parallel?

Woah, parallel test days ... that boggles my mind! :)

I don't have objections to a #fedora-test-day.  It's another channel
that people will need to get used to ... but once we've done it a few
times I'm sure folks will get the hang of it.