installed rawhide on an acer aspire one and have some feeback

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 21 15:32:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 05:24 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> 4)  I have to use boot parameter acpi=off, otherwise when starting up booting hangs and I get immediate kernel panic.
>
> 5)  The machine also has trouble shutting down.  I have to press and hold power button so that the machine can shut down properly.  Other than that, I am running rawhide on a netbook :)

Have you filed bugs on these two (both in the kernel)? They're rather
serious problems that would prevent practical use by many people (ACPI
being off will severely affect the battery life).

I'm a bit surprised - the Aspire Ones have been mostly quite well
supported for a while, so these sound like regressions. How did F11
behave? Exactly what _model_ of Aspire One is this? (There are several).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey