Fedora 12 Alpha on VirtualBox 3.0.4 won't boot 'Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)'

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 26 09:50:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

I try to install the Fedora 12 Alpha x86_64 install DVD into
VirtualBox 3.0.4. After the Installation of the software, the next
screen is the "reboot" now. I'm just wondering, since there was no
question about grub configuration. Anyway, after reboot, the system
doesn't come up because of this:

VFS: Cannot open root device "mapper/vg_fedora12vb-lv_root" or
unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
0800 62914560 sda driver: sd
0801 204800 sda1
0802 62705708 sda2
0b00 1048575 sr0 driver: sr
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

I have no idea was is going on here, since this is a install on a
fresh disk (use entire disk). The only notable thing maybe that I have
enabled both repos, Install and Rawhide during the install. I filled a
bug [1]. Did anyone else see this? Or did something may know which
additional information should be add to the bug report? Thanks for
your help!

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/519350

--
Regards,