Brain Damaged Sound Mixer

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Aug 3 18:38:30 UTC 2009

>> >At first impression, I like the new preferences>sound
>> >control.  Unfortunately it still can't select the CD audio
>> >input on an ALC889A codec.   This is on a Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p
>> >motherboard and Core Duo 8500.
>>

> See the "New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12" thread on fedora-devel
> list for why the CD audio input is deliberately not available.

I can't recall the last time I had an audio connection betweeen
a CD/DVD drive and the "CD audio" connector.  I do use the
"CD audio" input as a separate audio input.  Perhaps some
will recall the "Input Selector" on audio equipment.  In the
case of my main office machine, the line input connects to a
VLF antenna and the "CD audio" input connects to a communications
receiver.

The "New Mixer" thread mentioned an alternative mixer that
does not have this brain damage.  Which mixer is that??