Re: Fedoras' poor performance in test

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Jul 28, 2009, at 3:08, Karel Volný <kvolny redhat com> wrote:

You cannot reliably "benchmark" rawhide performance nor should
we even try. Identifying and fixing bugs comes first, *tuning*
comes later.

pathetic performance *is* a *bug*

Rawhide has lots of debugging turned on in various places so it is not suitable for benchmarking until this is removed. Target beta or the final release.

Isn't that way too late? I can't imagine any developer taking time away from getting new exciting features in the release just to make the system usably fast again. And testing with debug on can mask functional problems, been there, done that.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>