Re: Rawhide 3d: 0 for Three

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R on 08/04/2009 04:25 AM wrote:
> ECS motherboard with Intel graphics -
> system>preferences>desktop effects:
> clicking on "enable desktop effects" blows
> out the session and dumps the user back to
> the login screen.  3d games don't work.

Let me explain this for you since no one else on this list wants to
spend the time.

Fedora develops against open source software. The drivers from AMD and
nVidia are *binary* and *closed* source software. Fedora/Red Hat
developers cannot assist you in any way if those drivers do not work
with the software distributed with Fedora.

You have two options.

1) Use an open source driver (ati or nouveau)
2) Contact AMD[1] or nVidia[2] directly -- Members of the
Fedora-test-list cannot help you.

[1] http://ati.cchtml.com/
[2] http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14