Fedora 12 Alpha installation test invitation --Jul 29, 2009

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 13:48:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 20:14 -0500, Todd wrote:
> 2009/8/3 Liam <lili at redhat.com>:
> > Greetings testers,
> >
> >     F12 Alpha test compose is ready now.please join us and execute
> > installation test from now on.Downloading link at:
> >  http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/12-Alpha-TC/
> >
> > PPC still needs to be composed, ran into some issues updating the
> > compose host. All of x86_64 and i386 is uploaded, live images to come
> > later.
> >
> > please select and execute test cases which best match your environment
> > from our wiki page at:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_12_Alpha_Install_Test_Results
> >
> > After complete testing,please don't forget to add your test results to
> > corresponding place at above link.
> >
> > More information, refer to previous mails below.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Liam
> >
> Do the test cases have to be performed using these cd images?  Can we
> use the medialess install described at
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f11/en-US/html/ap-medialess-install.html,
> but using the latest rawhide images, or by getting the relevant files
> of the iso linked above?

Of course!  The images are provided for cases that explicitly require
media.  But you are welcome to use PXE (and I do this quite a bit) to
help validate other tests.

I've cleared up the language at the top of the results page to help
address this question
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_12_Alpha_Install_Test_Results#What_To_Test).

THanks,
James