Re: Gnome Notification Area Corruption in Rawhide

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, spoffley wrote:

For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the Gnome Notification Area
Applet is showing just grey boxes most of the time.  Occasionally I will get
the Icons but usually its grey boxes.  If I move my cursor over the boxes I
sometimes get the data about the Icons I cannot see.  I have tries removing
it from the panel and re adding it to no avail.  I am running x86-64 with an
Intel display driver on an Asus Aspire 5315, the display hardware is the
onboard Intel GM965/GL960 controller.  Anybody else having./had similar
problems ?

I see this on a Dell 1525 with an intel display driver. It doesn't happen all the time and logging out and back in again sometimes restores them.

	Michael Young