Alpha/Beta/GA blocker criteria?

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sat Aug 8 19:10:19 UTC 2009

On 08/08/2009 02:52 PM, Allen Kistler wrote:
> Are there any differences about what constitutes a blocker for the
> different cycles (e.g., alpha vs. beta)? One general basis would be
> different objectives for how much needs to work for the different
> pre-releases. I looked around, but I didn't find anything documented.
>
> Part of what started me looking is that anaconda appears to be unable to
> reuse existing ext filesystems when choosing custom layout on my test
> machines. (I like to reuse /boot for multi-booting.) How big a deal
> should that be for alpha, given that most early testing would involve
> blowing a drive away and starting from scratch?
>
> BZ 513104 for those interested.

I setup with multiple 200-400 mb partitions to test various incarnations
of fedora and other distros.  Sometimes, not often, I use a boot
partition for two distros as long as I know that the file names are
different and I keep a grub copy (or menu.lst) with a different name to
fall back on.

As for custom layout, I would like to be able to do one.  Haven't since
11 alpha.