nouveau drv?

Rob Healey robhealey1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 00:55:50 UTC 2009

Greeting All:

I understand that you are working on a new version of Xorg, but my question
is?  If this is so problematic and will not use the nVidia graphics cards,
then why not roll it back until it will work?  There seems to be a lot of
nVidia cards and computers using them...

I have an Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] with a nVidia
Corporation GeForce 8300 GS PCI-e graphics card, and you are blocking me
from being able to use FC12-Pre-Alpha!  Are you going to get this resolved
soon???

I have tried several times to get a running system going using FC12, and the
nouveau driver stops me!  I can't even get the livecd testday to boot into
X...

I know that I could get the testday disk that I made prior to 20090730,
would at least get me into the livecd with X amd sound!  FC11 x86_64 has a
newer xorg-x11-drv-nouveau that rawhide and it works for me!!!

I believe that you are trying to push too hard and too fast without caring
about the users lately!  I got started using Redhat/ Fedora back at Redhat
6!  I have used all bleeding edge releases from then on up to Fedora 11
now.  I have never had this much problem with installing and using now --
FC12!

Can you all help me???

Sincerely yours,
a very disappointed bleeding-edge user,