Rawhide breaks Nvidia again

Eric Springer erikina at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:35:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX
N2469R<caf at omen.com> wrote:
> Why maintain Flightgear and other 3d programs if there
> is no way to run them properly?

It's not that we don't want you to run what ever makes you graphics
card useful, it's just that unfortunately this driver is out of the
scope of what is fedora and it's focus. And really, I'm sure your
nvidia testing is useful and appreciated -- however it is to the
people who provide your driver rather than us directly here.

Good luck with your set-up, and thanks for testing rawhide. Hopefully
you can understand the fedora perspective (even if you just wanting
the damn thing to work).

> Do the Fedora developers
> work in such a noisy environment that they don't notice the
> roar of the unregulated GPU fan?

I actually bought the fastest passively cooled graphics card I could,
for exactly this reason >: D