screensaver not kicking in?

Usually I lock my screen with ctrl-alt-L before I walk away from my computer. Last night I didn't, and when I came back in the morning it wasn't locked.

I just checked my screensaver preferences and they are (still, as expected) configured to lock the screen automatically if I'm idle for five minutes. For some reason this did not work.

Is anybody else seeing this?

I'm running with a recent rawhide update.

  jik