[Fwd: rawhide install report: Anaconda fails with an assertion error]

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Aug 12 13:18:31 UTC 2009

Sorry, sent to wrong list....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: rawhide install report: Anaconda fails with an assertion error
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:09:07 -0400
From: G.Wolfe Woodbury <ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora.
<fedora-list at redhat.com>

I've been attempting rawhide installs all along, and failing due to a
python assertion error on my testbed machine.

I have to use radeon.modeset=0 (Radeon QD 7200) to gat anywhere.
X startup fails so I've been doing VNC installs (why not support text
mode better!)

Installation goes fine until the actual installation of packages when a
python assertion error occurs "gc->gc_rc != -3" occurs [from memory,
there is no chance to record the error in bugzilla.]

preupgrade also fails at this point with the same error.

rawhide/f12 is a no go for this machine.  It's my standard testbed
machine: i686 Celeron D CPU, standard IDE based motherboard, Radeon QD
7200 video, 1.5Go RAM, etc...

> http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_5b4371f7-d567-4b8a-a2b9-358e41f3f736

F11 installs fine.

--