screensaver not kicking in?

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:15:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> Usually I lock my screen with ctrl-alt-L before I walk away from my
> computer.  Last night I didn't, and when I came back in the morning it
> wasn't locked.
>
> I just checked my screensaver preferences and they are (still, as expected)
> configured to lock the screen automatically if I'm idle for five minutes.
>  For some reason this did not work.
>
> Is anybody else seeing this?

I had the opposite problem in f11... my screen locked even
though I had the preferences set to not lock... maybe
a different manifestation of the same bug.  After diddling
with the screensaver settings (turning locking on and back
off, disabling and enabling the screensaver, etc), it started
doing the right thing.

              David