New BugZapper Introduction

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 03:02:26 UTC 2009

On 08/12/2009 03:35 PM, Akshay Dua wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am happy to be joining the Fedora Bug Zappers team. I have been
> using Linux as the only OS on my laptop since 2004. I switched between
> many distributions (Suse, Debian, Mandrake) before I settled on Ubuntu
> in 2006. Since then, I have mainly been filing bugs in Launchpad.
> However, I recently switched to F11 and was really happy to see how
> much more responsive it was and how fast it booted.
>
> I want to start triaging bugs because I want to understand what kind
> of problems exist in Fedora today. Eventually, my goal is to fix bugs,
> but I thought knowing and working with them first will be very
> helpful.
>
> My name is Akshay Dua and I am a Ph.D. student at Portland State
> University. I worked in industry for a few years before I went back to
> school and so I have a decent programming background. I have mainly
> programmed in C, C++, Java, and Perl.
>
> Hope to hear from you soon,
>
> Thank you,
>
> - Akshay
> http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~akshay/

Hello Akshay, welcome to the bugzappers. Adam Williamson should be
contacting you about membership approval.

(I will borrow Adam's introduction)

"We've just updated the list of components which we'd like
BugZappers to work on as a priority, so there's lots available. The list
is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

we'd recommend you pick a component from that list that you feel
comfortable working on, then contact its maintainer to say you'll be
working on triaging it, and ask if they have any tips or special
requests. Then read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingDuplicates
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

To see how the process works (I know that looks like a lot of pages, but
several of them are pretty short, and they all work together). Please do
join #fedora-bugzappers and ask if you have any questions or problems,
there's usually another team member around who can help you out. Thanks
a lot for volunteering your time! Do come out to the next meeting -
they're Tuesdays at 15:00 UTC - if you have the time, and we can welcome
you there."

Again, welcome.

Edward (irc TK009)