Live TV Playback on Fedora 11 + mythtv-0.21-211

MartinG gronslet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 19:16:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Jan Andrejkovic<jandrejkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I installed mythtv-0.21 from atrpms and I have DVB-T card WinTV Nova-T USB2
> and motherboard Jetway J7F2WE2G (CPU is VIA C7 2Ghz).
>
> My problem is when I try to watch live tv, the picture is not smooth, it is
> looks like slow motion. However when I tried to watch it in Kaffeine it was
> OK.
> Did anybody experience similar problem with mythtv?

Sounds quite familiar :). I'm currently struggling with many (many!)
problems with MythTV and Fedora 11. You might want to take a look at
(or rather update, contribute, etc)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HTPC and also hang around in
#fedora-htpc (IRC, Freenode). Note that the channel is not very well
established yet...

My guess is that the smoothness problem in mythtv is related to the
video driver, and whatever output mythtv is set to be using (xv, x11,
overlay port etc). I'm no expert on this, and am sorry to say I don't
have any solution for you.

This is just to let you know you're not alone having these problems...

-MartinG
(using the intel driver btw - which is in extreme evolution (still))