2009-08-17 - 16:00 UTC - Fedora QA recap

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 21:02:45 UTC 2009

* Liam Li (lili)
* He Rui (rhe)

= Agenda =

[https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-August/msg00419.html Proposed meeting agenda]

== Previous meeting follow-up ==

* No action items from previous meeting

== F-12-Alpha news ==

=== F-12-Alpha-RC1 has arrived ===

Release engineering Alpha candidate RC1 is available, Fedora QA will be
responsible for:
* Testing the alpha candidate --
[[QA:Fedora_12_Alpha_RC1_Install_Test_Results]]
* Verifying
[https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=507676&hide_resolved=1 F-12-Alpha blocker bugs]:
*#  {{bz|516909}} NEW - kernel > 139 stuck during boot, encrypted LVM
VG's
*#* [[User:Markmc]] noted this bug depends on an unreleased rawhide
kernel ... removed from blocker list
*#  {{bz|516941}} MODIFIED - kms broken and can cause oops without git3
upstream PAT patches
*#* Clyde chymned in on the bug report with positive test results.
Jlaska reported some issues using radeon on his rawhide system (see
{{bg|517902}}).
*#  {{bz|517475}} MODIFIED - geode not i686 arch in rpmrc.in
*#* Jkeating commented on the test results posted ... ''what it means to
me is that we'd have to change more than just that little rpm bit to get
this working for geodes, and that's change I can't stand behind for
ALpha''

Jkeating noted the test results page was empty.  Jlaska indicated the
compose landed late and Liam is in training this week.  Jlaska would
send out a request for testing to the mailing list after the meeting.

=== Alpha Readiness ===

How are we looking?  Ask the team for input on their focus areas on
Alpha readiness.

==== Installer ====

Jlaska reported that as of Friday (anaconda-12.14) we have good results
in thanks to Liam and Rui (see
[[QA:Fedora_12_Alpha_TCRegression_Install_Test_Results]]).  Based on
that and the F12 Alpha blocker bug we are in good shape for the
installer.  We will of course organize and execute testing against the
current RC1 (see [[QA:Fedora_12_Alpha_RC1_Install_Test_Results]]).

Dpravec and Kparal both reported a much improved install experience with
recent rawhide refreshes on their laptops.

Kparal noted one issue related to multi-monitor setup.  Jlaska noted he
didn't see any dual-head issues reported at the last fit'n'finish
display test day (see
[[Test_Day:2009-07-07_Fit_and_Finish:Display_Configuration]]).  Kparal
asked whether it made sense to add bug reports to '''old''' test day
wiki pages.  Adamw replied that it's a good practice, as people setup
watchers for the test day pages.

==== Xorg-x11-* ====

Adamw notified the team that there are some unpleasant bugs, but nothing
that appears to be a show-stopper yet.  Jkeating made a decision to
postpone the fix for the random screen-blanking issue until post-Alpha.

Adamw advised jlaska on getting a bug reported for a radeon problem
experienced on his laptop.  When in doubt ... [[Xorg/Debugging]].
Jlaska filed {{bg|517902}} to track this issue.

==== Other? ====

Jkeating expressed concern about test coverage for live images.  Jlaska
that live images have been getting a bit of a workout with recent test
days and confirmed positive install results from last weeks live image.

AdamW noted that none of the big-hitter applications are broken, we've
got annoying things like the notification area bug fixed, it's looking
pretty decent to me.

Nirik indicated he was experiencing some compose-related issue with
nightly live images ... but those issues shouldn't affect the Alpha.
The team chymned in with praise for nirik's daily rawhide live images
(see http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes).

== AutoQA update from wwoods ==

Wwoods updated the team on some recent autoqa milestones.  The short
summary:

  I set up a way to pass the systemwide config to the tests
  put some email config stuff in the system autoqa.conf
  and taught all the tests to send email
  so now they're all sending email to the autoqa-results list

https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-results/2009-August/thread.html

Other recent updates include:
* updated the test-writing notes a bit: [[Talk:Autotest]]
* fixed the watcher scripts and got them running on a cron job, so the
tests run automatically and send emails to autoqa-results when finished
* fixed the ''conflicts'' test
* Blog-o-sphere

Kparal noted that there is interest from Petr Splichal (nick psss on
#fedora-qa) on adding package build tests.  Dpravec and Kparal both
indicated having test writing documentation would be really helpful.
Wwoods confirmed improving the documentation is on the plan (see
https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/ticket/14) and noted any help would be
welcome.

== Test Day updates ==

=== 2009-08-11 - Fit'n'Finish - Peripherals ===

Adamw ran his test day wiki script and sent the result to mclasen with a
suggestion he do a report.  For the record, it shows 10 NEW, 2 ASSIGNED,
one CLOSED for the peripherals day.

=== 2009-08-13 - NetworkManager ===

See test summary from Adam Williamson -
[https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-August/msg00377.html summary]

=== 2009-08-18 - Printing ===

See Matthias Clasen's anncounement -
[https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-August/msg00368.html Fit'n'Finish Printing]

=== 2009-08-20 - ABRT ===

[[Test_Day:2009-08-20|ABRT Test day page]] maturing, stay tuned to
announcement from David Pravec.  Dpravec noted the wiki page is still
undergoing some cleanup and refactoring.  Kparal noted he was planning
to send out an updated to the test day live image create script, and
would have ABRT live images available soon.

Adamw asked if any help was needed in preparing for the event.

=== 2009-08-27 - Dracut ===

Jlaska asked who has the ball for QA on hosting and preparing for the
dracut test day.  Jlaska took an action item to catch up with
Viking_ice.

== Open discussion ==

=== vncrobot ===

Dpravec updated the team of some investigating around using vnc to
perform remote GUI verification.  http://www.vncrobot.com recently was
updated to GPL2 licensing and shows promise.  Dpravec plans to monitor
and update the team if anything surfaces.

Wwoods noted it seems like it could be really useful once we have some
idea how we'd set up for a GUI functional test.

=== status of gnome-power-manager ===

Jeff_hann asked the group for an update on gnome-power-manager.  Jeff is
experiencing some issues against F-11 related to battery on AC power.
Jeff and adamw walked through a few bugs to identify if those were the
root issue.  Jeff had to step out, but would report back with a new bug
against F-11 to track his issue.

= Upcoming QA events =

* 2009-08-17 -
[http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-releng-tasks.html
Alpha Candidate Compose]
* 2009-08-18 - [[Test_Day:2009-08-18_Fit_and_Finish:Printing|
Fit'n'Finish - Printing]]
* 2009-08-20 - [[Test_Day:2009-08-20|ABRT]]
* 2009-08-24 - [[QA/Meetings/20090824]] at 16:00 UTC

= Action items =

* [jlaska] - catch up w/ Viking_ice on dracut test day -- who has the
ball?