Fedora 12 Alpha RC1 - live iso would not boot properly as liveusb

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:50:48 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Indeed - my experience confirms this - as when I reformatted the key I did
> so to fat32, and then used unetbootin to place the files in this
> partition.  The dd method did create an ext2 partition on the key I
> believe.

I had my fdisk -l output from when I looked at the key before reformatting
it and the info was:
Disk /dev/sdb: 4016 MB, 4016046080 bytes
64 heads, 32 sectors/track, 3830 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 = 1048576 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xc8874664

/dev/sdb1   *           1         703      719872   83  Linux

So from memory I think type 83 is ext3?  In that case it is not ideal to
have a journalled filesystem on the usbkey so the dd method is not my
filesystem preference, and I am now happier with a fat32 partition (for
memory wear reasons)