Dependency checking running for over an hour in -- anyone?

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 18 15:21:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 21:05 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>>
>>> It shouldn't.  How much CPU/Ram involved?
>>>

>> 4G ram, 2.66GHz quad core
>>

> Well that seems sufficient.  Does this machine show any other signs of
> problems once installed?  Do large rpm transactions take a long time to
> process?  (try yum install @kde-desktop @gnome-development etc...)

What ver of python-urlgrabber is in use here? This could be using the one
(which is NOT in alpha) that has the timeout problem where it keeps
resetting the connection and switching mirrors. If the depsolve is
downloading filelists - it could be hitting the timeout for each and every
mirror, if there is a mirrorlist involved.

This is a completely wild-ass guess, though.

-sv