Re: Dependency Checking Not Finishing

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

FYI Some time ago yum update on fc11 was wedged in dependency checking.
I rebooted and then yum update worked properly.

Normally I don't reboot Linux unless something like the kernel or dovecot
is modified.  Perhaps multiple yum updates without a reboot doesn't
clean things up as well as a reboot.

I bet if you looked it was stuck in a futex wait. Which means something froze up your rpmdb.

-sv