any impending news on video drivers for f12?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Aug 19 04:13:01 UTC 2009

> I really don't know much about your kernel bug, unfortunately. If you
> think it could be related to the TV tuner card, try booting with it
> removed?

It's a laptop and I'm not sure how to remove it from inside the machine
(as it's came preinstalled).

I'm pretty sure it's related to the tuner card (the sms* bits I believe
are related to my tuner card) but since I'm not using the tuner in f11
(haven't got time to get it working) I just don't have the firmware
installed (which causes problems with suspend/resume), but I haven't
even had a chance to boot f12, let alone install a firmware.

And since it's before you can enter interactive boot mode (given that
you hit the right key(s) and it starts) I can't even try this.

Maybe there's some kernel boot parameter.

R.