usable boot.iso?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 18:27:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 14:03 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> I'm trying to find a boot or net iso that will allow a network install.
>
> I posted on the forums and Rahul commented that it was a bug that had
> been fixed.  However, all the boot.iso's (and net.iso's) I've tried to
> download today ignore the askmethod option.
>
> Anyone know where I can get one that will work?

I thought there was another bug tracking this, but at the moment all I
can find is bug#502229.

The bug I'm aware of (but can't find the bz#), when you boot a boot.iso
with "askmethod", it assumes you've requested a HD ISO install, and
prompts you for the local disk partition containing the media.

There is no boot.iso to test with for rawhide today, due to a missing
dependency (see
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/rawhide-20090820/logs/i386.log).
An updated ntfsprogs build should resolve this (thanks spot!).  You are
welcome to use retest with F-12-Alpha-RC2 [1], or a previous rawhide
boot.iso [2].

Thanks,
James

[1]