Re: usable boot.iso?

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 14:03:14 -0400,
  Scott Robbins <scottro nyc rr com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a boot or net iso that will allow a network install.
>
> I posted on the forums and Rahul commented that it was a bug that had
> been fixed.  However, all the boot.iso's (and net.iso's) I've tried to
> download today ignore the askmethod option.
>
> Anyone know where I can get one that will work?

I did a couple of fresh network installs of rawhide this week.
You might be hitting the url grabber https issue. Instead of using
the https mirror list url, use http to a specific mirror.

Also I was was having problems with raid devices not being properly handled
by the created initrd-generic and had to use rescue mode to run mkinitrd
with the md device names as mounted matching the names in /etc/fstab.
Also in one case there was no initrd command in the grub.conf file created
by the install.

Things might be better now if the urlgrabber and yum changes are incorporated
into the current boot.iso image.