Re: Where to report initrd-generic problems?

2009/8/22 Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to>:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 23:22:19 +0200,
>  drago01 <drago01 gmail com> wrote:
>> >
>> > First guess is mkinitrd.  They can change it accordingly if it's wrong.
>>
>> The generic initrd is created by dracut.
>
> Which is weird because the dracut package didn't get installed on the system
> even though I did a fresh install during the alpha freeze.

If i understand correctly the initrd-generic is precreated by dracut
into another rpm which means dracut is not needed on the system. I
have raised my doubts over this method before on the list for exactly
this kind of reason but my comments were ignored :(

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...