Re: Where to report initrd-generic problems?

On Aug 22, 2009, at 15:58, Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 17:29:18 -0500,
 Dennis Gilmore <dennis ausil us> wrote:
dracut is in the kernel buildroot. the initrd is created when the kernel is
compiled.

In the end I picked mkinitrd as the component since it seemed odd to complain
about something I didn't have installed, not working correctly.

The bug is 518793.

You could not have gcc installed ye still have a problem with it. Ditto any other build time dep you may not have installed. Dracut is the proper starting point for bugs with the pregenerated initrds.

--
Jes