Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 18:48:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 12:28 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> I don't know if this would be considered an issue or not.  However, in
> this case, unchecking everything, that is, including everything in
> base,
> still tells me that I require CD1 and CD3.

This is because a select nothing install still requires a smtpd for cron
jobs, and when no other smtpd is selected "exim" wins as it has the
shortest name.  However due to package ordering, exim winds up on disc3
(since the default smtp, sendmail, is picked if you actually add the
group).  I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to fix this that doesn't
involve hard coding things for exim :/

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!