Tuesday Alpha and Rawhide: Advantage Ubuntu

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:54:58 UTC 2009

On 08/25/2009 03:18 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> Today's 64 bit alpha images are too big to fit on a CD
> with Nero, yet are coded such that Nero refuses to
> burn them onto a DVD.
>
> The 64 bit pxeboot Rawhide locks up at various early
> points.
>
> It is possible that something modified BIOS settings,
> so I reset the bios to fail-safe defaults.  Still no luck
> with pxeboot rawhide.
>
> Fedora 11 (i386 and x86_64) and XP work normally.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with F12 alpha/rawhide. Maybe if you
posted this on the fedora-test-list someone can help you resolve these
issues.
I've never heard of "Advantage Ubuntu" (sounds like marketing to me,
those guys will say anything), nor do see that version available for
download at yourbunstoo.com.

Good luck on resolving your issues.
TK009