2009-08-27 - Fedora test day - Dracut

stan gryt2 at q.com
Wed Aug 26 03:21:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:12:12 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Dracut_switch_to_host-built_ramdisk
>
> Linked right from the Test Day page :)

Thanks for the pointer.

I found the problem.  My grub stanza was perfectly fine according to the
test case documentation.  The problem is that I'm using a custom
compiled kernel.  Compiled from the Fedora src rpm, but it didn't meet
the following requirement.

This test is only valid on a system that does provide a dracut ramdisk
image with the kernel rpm. To confirm, you should see

OK. Dracut ramdisk already provided by kernel rpm

I'll recompile the src rpm to have dracut support.  I see an option in
the config file of the running kernel,  CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="".
That must be it.  It is set the same in the official F11 kernel, so that
one won't work either.  I'll change it to the name of the dracut
initramfs file.