Any way to make the bugzilla form come up faster?

Is there a trick for making the bugzilla bug entry form come up faster?  E.g., is there a way to specify the fields that have huge drop-down lists as parameters in the URL and prevent the drop-down lists from being loaded?  I discovered that I could specify the initial value of the component list by adding "component=whatever" to the URL, but it still loads the whole list.

It's rather annoying that I have to sit around twiddling my thumbs for 40 seconds (yes, it's really that long; I just timed it) waiting for the page to load every time I want to report a bug.

  jik