Re: Any way to make the bugzilla form come up faster?

Jonathan Kamens wrote:
Is there a trick for making the bugzilla bug entry form come up faster? E.g., is there a way to specify the fields that have huge drop-down lists as parameters in the URL and prevent the drop-down lists from being loaded? I discovered that I could specify the initial value of the component list by adding "component=/whatever/" to the URL, but it still loads the whole list.

It's rather annoying that I have to sit around twiddling my thumbs for 40 seconds (yes, it's really that long; I just timed it) waiting for the page to load every time I want to report a bug.

Smells like an Apache config issue.  We serve tons of stuff ourselves
and have fallen back to Apache using mpm workers and a mod_fastcgi
interface to external PHP processes (managed by php-fpm).  Works a
treat and is much less load on the server.
-       "I'd explain it to you, but your brain might explode."       -