Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 26 22:14:06 UTC 2009

On 08/27/2009 03:36 AM, stan wrote:

> As a desktop user, I disagree.  The mails go to the root account, and I
> read them there.  They don't go anywhere if there is no mail agent.

If you are reading root mails as a desktop user, you belong in a very
very tiny niche and probably should be classified as a more workstation
type user. If it was not clear already, I am talking about desktop users
in general who will not read any such mails unless there is a more
direct way to configure them as part of the installation process and
even then will not necessarily know what the heck to do with those mails
and not just the geeks. The fact that I or you will doesn't change it.
There is another Unix system on the desktop to learn from: Mac OS X.

Rahul