Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 27 07:34:31 UTC 2009

On 08/27/2009 04:50 AM, stan wrote:

> And what is gained by dropping the mta, in particular, and generally
> making Fedora less geekish in general?  The mta already exists and is
> working.

I will just focus on this instead of replying to a whole lot of other
things in your mail since it is just a distraction from the real
conversation.

I have actually already answered this point but I will repeat it once
more but briefly. There is no real justification for a MTA to be enabled
by default on a large majority of systems for Fedora users and it
reduces startup time and hogs resources unnecessarily. For users who
understand how to use a mta, installing it takes only a few minutes.

Rahul