Re: Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

Once upon a time, Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com> said:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:13:30AM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> > mdmonitor and smartd can easily be changed, since they can be configured
> > with a program instead of an email address.  I don't know about cron.
>
> cron can be changed to. 'man 5 crontab', see MAILTO.

That's a little different; mdmonitor and smartd can use an alternate
program (rather than /bin/mail or /usr/sbin/sendmail) that could do
something other than send email, while cron can just specify another
email address (which still requires email infrastructure).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>