Re: Porblem with Alpha/Rawhide and Dual Head

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 13:23 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:

> The nouveau X server should default to one screen until told otherwise,
> and should not assume the monitors are identical.

I disagree with the first part, and as far as I can tell you're
incorrect about the second. It's not nouveau, it's the X server. For F12
it defaults to spanning across all connected displays. I think this is a
sensible default, and it would be a regression to only display on one
monitor by default. No driver assumes all connected monitors are
identical, I don't think you are correct in diagnosing this as the cause
of your problem.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey