Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Aug 27 21:51:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:06:51AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 10:51 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:45:42AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > >
> > > As I said, I was literally unable to get sendmail working despite
> > > spending an entire weekend on it,
> >
> > It would be really interesting to know what you were attempting to
> > do and how you "over-thought" that installation.
>
> It was quite a while back, I don't recall exactly what I was trying to
> set it up to do and what problems I ran into.

Hm, sounds like some fifteen years, or so, back.  There were indeed
times when configuring sendmail required messing directly with
sendmail.cf and that borders on a "black magic". :-)  Only you do
not have to do that longer that I care to remember.

> I just remember it being a
> complete nightmare, and postfix being far far easier.

Setting postfix to do somethig "unusual" can be actually quite a bit
harder than doing that with sendmail.  In "not an outside accesible
mail server" situation what comes with Fedora for sendmail AFAIK
"just works".

   Michal