F12 alpha needs network during install?

I installed F12 alpha from the DVD and had the feeling that the network is used during installation. So the installation was awful slow.

For confirming this, I tried to install again after having de-activated the LAN chip in the BIOS, and, indeeded, the installation was cancelled (after the install partition had been formatted).

Is there any option for installing F12 without accessing the LAN (I have DSL with 1 Megabit/sec)?

All comments are welcome.

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes