Re: F12 alpha needs network during install?

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 13:36 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> I installed F12 alpha from the DVD and had the feeling that the network
> is used during installation. So the installation was awful slow.
>
> For confirming this, I tried to install again after having de-activated
> the LAN chip in the BIOS, and, indeeded, the installation was cancelled
> (after the install partition had been formatted).
>
> Is there any option for installing F12 without accessing the LAN (I have
> DSL with 1 Megabit/sec)?
>
> All comments are welcome.

Installing from a DVD should not require a network connection unless you
enable a network package repository.  Please do file a bug if you are
seeing something to the contrary.  Can you include your anaconda.log
from the DVD install when filing?

Thanks,
James