PackageKit Hour or Day

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 12:24:51 UTC 2009

2009/8/28 James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>:
> On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 12:54 +0100, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
>> Where would I find the config to direcly affect either checking hourly
>> or daily.  As I would like to experiment with say every 6-8 hours.
> $ gconftool-2 --set /apps/gnome-packagekit/frequency_get_updates --type
> string daily

This key used to be an enumerated string (hourly, weekly, etc) in
2.25.x, but in 2.27.x we switched to specifying an integer value in
seconds so we could use other values than what the gpk-prefs dialog
enforced.

Note: if you use gpk-prefs after setting a custom value, I'm not sure
what will happen. Ideally we should just show "custom" or something,
but it's totally untested by me. Patches welcome.

Richard.