Installing F12 alpha from external USB DVD drive impossible

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 12:31:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 09:41 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> trying to install F12 alpha from my external USB DVD drive fails: The
> DVD boots, but after having selected installation language and keyboard
> layout, the installer says: did not find an installation image. A
> selection dialog is presented (including the DVD drive from which I
> booted[/dev/scd2]), but if I select this drive, the installer stops. I
> mean to remember similar Alpha/Beta problems in F10 and F11.
>
> Installation from IDE DVDs is possible.
>
> Somebody has similar problems?

I've not tested boot+install from USB optical drives.  Thanks for this
feedback!  I'm not aware of a bug for this issue yet, can you record
this issue in bugzilla?

Please be sure to include your anaconda.log (and really '/tmp/*log*'
from the installing system when logging this issue).  To get this
information, once you are presented with the dialog, press <ctrl><alt>F2
to change to tty2.  On tty2, you should have a shell prompt to copy the
files to another system.  If no shell is available, any screenshots of
the output ontty's 3-5 would be helpful.

Feel free to find me, or other testers, on #fedora-qa if you have any
questions.

Thanks,
James