Installing Rawhide

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Dec 1 22:32:13 UTC 2009

> As I stated in my earlier mail, we can use test days or on-demand image
> creation when the installer team is ready to get feedback.  rel-eng can
> produce images and either place them in that day's rawhide tree, or
> store them somewhere else that is accessible.  The main idea here is
> that the anaconda team tells us when they are ready for widespread
> testing.  Until that time, they have the tools and skills to produce
> images locally for whatever development testing they are working on.

I believe I remember you stating this some time during F12 development
but I can't remember when.  I believe it was stated that if you want to
run rawhide and need to do an install, you'll either install F12 and yum
update to rawhide from there (maybe after doing a completed update
first?) or if in development in middle of a cycle, you install the
beta/rc/whatever and update to rawhide from that.

(obviously if test images are created that goes to this as well)

Does that sound about correct?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY