Installing Rawhide

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 3 10:06:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 11:30 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> The wiki should be updated.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide

I updated this page.

I assumed Rawhide boot.iso files, when they become available, will be
available on a mirror accessible from:
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/development/

Oh, and a quick question: why do we distribute identical files as
Fedora-12-i386-netinst.iso and os/images/boot.iso ?

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 22:52 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> To get to rawhide
> you'll need to start with say F12 and either point to the rawhide repo
> during install, or yum update to it post install.

It's my understanding that Live images will still be made available on a
daily basis, and this installer can still be tested even if the non-Live
installer can't.  The Live installer method can thus be used to install
Rawhide without needing to upgrade from a previous release (or to test
directly without actually installing to hard drive).  All the ways I
could think of how to install Rawhide are documented on that wiki page;
corrections and expansion welcome.

-B.