Fedora 13 Release Criteria--Final Feedback Needed by 2009-12-05

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 21:48:27 UTC 2009

Gene Czarcinski said the following on 12/03/2009 09:08 AM Pacific Time:
 > On Wednesday 02 December 2009 12:53:03 John Poelstra wrote:
 >> Thank you to everyone who provided feedback to the first email and added
 >> updates to the wiki and talk pages.  I've also gone through the emails
 >> to make sure the points raised there were integrated.
 >>
 >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Criteria
 >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Alpha_Release_Criteria
 >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Beta_Release_Criteria
 >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Final_Release_Criteria
 >>
 >> This is a last reminder to review the pages if you have not already.  We
 >> will be discussing and resolving all of the outstanding items on the on
 >> "Talk" tab for each wiki page during the FUDCon Hackfests on Sunday
 >> (2009-12-06) with a collection of people from QA, Releng and
Development.

 > I propose that an additional requirement be added to the list for
 > "Fedora_Release_Criteria:
 >
 > If a BZ report for a bug which includes a comment which specifies an
updated
 > package to address the problem should have that package in the
Everything,
 > updates, or updates-testing repository ... whether the BZ report is
closed or
 > not.  If a bug is claimed to be fixed in an updated package but that
package is
 > not available in one of the "standard" repositories, then claiming
the bug is
 > fixed is misleading.
 >
 > Naturally, I would like to see all such updates posted to Everything or
 > (stable, day-zero) updates but I don't consider that top be a reasonable
 > requirement.
 >
 > Re-discovery of fixed problems is a waste of everyone time.
 >
 > Gene

Hi Gene,

I think you're on the right track here, however the Release Criteria is
for a release that has not gone Final/GA.  The repos you refer to are
for releases that are final and still being maintained.

Part of the release criteria is that all bugs in "modified" are
verified.  Bugs in "modified" are thought to have been fixed and are
closed once verified.

John