Fedora release criteria completely revised

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Dec 7 22:55:57 UTC 2009

During FUDCon, we've been working on revising the Fedora release criteria.
John Poelstra had already fleshed out a structure and much of the final
content, and we've been revising and tweaking it in conjunction with QA
(myself, Will Woods and James Laska), release engineering (Jesse Keating),
anaconda team (especially Denise Dumas and Peter Jones) and desktop team
(Christopher Aillon and Matthias Clasen, who provided suggestions at an
earlier stage).

The new structure is based around a general page and specific pages for the
Fedora 13 Alpha, Beta and Final releases (which have been written
generically so they can easily be converted into pages for F14 and all
future releases just by copying and pasting). You can find the criteria
here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Criteria
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Alpha_Release_Criteria
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Beta_Release_Criteria
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Final_Release_Criteria

they should contain everything you need to know. We based most of the
criteria around testing that was already being carried out but with no
formal policy basis, with additional suggestions from the anaconda and
desktop teams.

We will follow these criteria for the Fedora 13 release process. So if you
can see any problems or potential trouble with any of this, please do reply
and let us know!

Desktop team - can you please let us know of any additional things that you
would expect to be working at each point during the release cycle? Note
that only things that *must* be working at each point should be listed on
these pages, not nice-to-haves. You must be able to commit to the idea
that, if any criterion on the page is not met, we would slip the release in
question.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey