New BugZapper Introduction

Aaron Faanes dafrito at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 18:06:09 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I'm Aaron Faanes (dafrito on IRC) and I'd like to enthusiastically
apply to be a BugZapper. I'm looking to get involved in Linux as much
as I can, and I think Fedora is an ideal place for me to be. I've used
FreeBSD and Ubuntu to varying degrees in the past, but I like Fedora's
emphasis on making upstream changes as I feel like I can make the
biggest difference here.

I believe I'm relatively strong with programming and development
practices in general, but my Linux-specific experience is, admittedly,
rather poor; in the interests of full disclosure, my Fedora install is
not yet a week old. However! I've been scouring the web for info on
Bugzilla, Fedora practices, and have a small library of relevant books
already ordered from Amazon. ;)

Of course, I humbly welcome any advice or links/books/etc to study if
my experience is currently insufficient.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,
 -- Aaron Faanes