Testing request: latest F12 xorg-x11-server build

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Dec 17 23:23:06 UTC 2009

On 12/17/2009 09:45 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 14:29 -0500, James Laska wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 00:15 +0000, Adam Williamson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, everyone. Dave Airlie would like it if people could help us
>>> regression-test the latest xorg-x11-server build for F12, which you'll
>>> be able to find here when it's done building:
>>>
>>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=147423
>>>
>>> We have quite a lot of changes queued up, and we will need to send these
>>> changes out as an update at some point - there's important fixes in
>>> there. But we'd like some reasonable assurance that it doesn't break
>>> anything horribly, obviously. If those of you with F12 machines could
>>> stick this build on and make sure things work alright, that'd be great.
>>> Please report whether it seems OK or you run into problems in this
>>> thread. Thanks!
>>>
>> Looking good here.
>>
>> 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9400M (rev
>> b1)
>> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M22 [Mobility
>> Radeon X300]
>>
> The only problem I had, was on an nvidia (not sure that part matters in
> this case) card, and my panel (I moved it to the bottom) properties is
> set for the panel to be a solid color (shade of blue).  If set that way,
> the color and panel is broken up into various lines along it.  I am
> going to provide a URL of a screen shot showing what I am talking
> about.  If you look at the bottom left/ride of the picture, you'll
> notice the breakup of the color.  If I change the panel properties back
> to default (the color part) then I don't get the error.
>
> http://www.miketc.net/xorg-server-test.png
>
> 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9500 GT
> (rev a1)

Confirmed..

On a laptop with VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro FX
570M (rev a1)

In Gnome simply go to panel properties and change the panel settings to
Solid Color --> Style and set to transparent to duplicate..

Also the graphics just go berserk after resume you can type in the
password ( in blindly or in half baked dialog ) and press enter and the
graphics fixes it self once you get a logged in desktop..

JBG